Museum of Architectural Ceramics “Keramarch” is situated in Peter and Paul Fortress, the birthplace of St. Petersburg, which is also the city famous as an open air museum of architecture. The museum exhibits tiled stoves and fireplaces of the 18th — beginning of the 20th century as well as rare examples of ceramic … Continue reading Museum of Architectural Ceramics “Keramarch”
The exhibition featuring the exceptionally wide-ranging Peterhof collection of postcards invites today’s visitors to follow the routs of the tourists who explored Peterhof in the early 20th century. The story behind the display is based on M. Izmailov’s «Guide to Peterhof» that was an all-new edition of the time. The illustrated two-language Guide with maps and plans was published in 1909 to mark the Bicentenary of the Imperial Residence. This rare book still provides valuable information on the history of Peterhof while many of its illustrations have become signature «postcard views» of the site.
The Arsenal pavilion in the Alexander Park is open for visiting after more than seven decades of dilapidation to house our permanent display, co-created with the State Hermitage and named The Arsenal of Tsarskoye Selo: The Imperial Arms Collection. The highlights and pride of the Arsenal are the finest pieces from the Asian arms collection of … Continue reading The Arsenal pavilion